The Lindfield School is seeking to appoint a classroom based teaching assistant to undertake learning support duties and assist the subject or class teacher in the day to day needs of the pupils. Teaching assistants also are expected to support the teacher with the delivery of the curriculum and respond to the pupils’ needs enabling them to make rapid progress. This is a fixed term post until 20th July 2018, term time only for 32 hours per week.
The Lindfield School is an outstanding (Ofsted 2015) academy special school that educates secondary age pupils between 11 and 17. The academy is part of The Southfield Trust which includes a Primary special academy with which it works closely. All pupils may have speech and language needs, autism or learning difficulties. Some students also have associated emotional/ behavioural difficulties. Candidates should be aware they may be required to work at any one of the Trust’s school sites in Eastbourne.
This post is initially required for The Lindfield School, however, candidates should be aware they may be required to work on any one of the Trust’s four sites.
Please read the following information about the post:
- Post: Teaching Assistant 1
- Start date: January 2018 /Fixed Term until 20th July 2018
- Grade: Single Status to max. point 4 (pro rata)
- Salary: From £15,116 to £15,246 (pro rata) / 32 hours per week / term time only
- Location: The Lindfield School
- Closing Date for Applications: Midday on Monday, 11th December 2017
- Interviews: 15th December 2017
Please find the following documents attached to this advert:
- A Job Description with Person Specification
- A Support Staff Application Form with Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
If you do not receive a response to your application by Wednesday, 13th December you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We look forward to receiving your application. We do not accept CVs. Your application will be accepted if sent by email to email@example.com