The Southfield Trust is seeking to appoint classroom based teaching assistants for both the The South Downs School and The Lindfield School to undertake learning support duties and assist the class teacher in the day to day needs of the pupils. Teaching assistants are also expected to support the teacher with the delivery of the curriculum and respond to the pupils’ needs enabling them to make rapid progress.
The South Downs School and The Lindfield School are Outstanding academy special schools. The Lindfield School educates secondary age pupils between 11 and 17. The South Downs School educates children between the ages of 3 and 11 years old on two sites. The West Site is in Beechy Avenue (the Old Town area) and accommodates our younger pupils and the East Site is in Shinewater Lane (The Langney Area) and accommodates our older pupils. All pupils may have speech and language needs, autism or learning difficulties. Some students also have associated emotional/ behavioural difficulties.
Candidates should be aware they may be required to work on any one of the Trust’s sites
- Post: Teaching Assistant / Fixed Term to 20th July 2018 / term-time only
- Grade: Single Status Grade 2/ point 3 to 4 – £15,116 to £15,246
- Salary: (As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
- The South Downs School (primary) – 30 hours per week.
- The Lindfield School (secondary) – 32 hours per week
- Closing Date for Applications: Midday on Thursday, 25th January
- Interviews to be held on: Wednesday, 31st January or Thursday, 1st February
Please find the following documents attached to this advert:
- A Job Description with Person Specification
- A Support Staff Application Form with Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Please indicate on your application if you have a preference for supporting children at The South Downs School or The Lindfield School, however, candidates should be aware that they may be required to work on any one of the Trust’s school sites dependent on need.
Employment will be subject to satisfactory DBS Enhanced clearance and references. Post holders at The South Downs School will also be covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009 and asked to complete a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process.
If you do not receive a response to your application by Friday, 2nd February you can assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We look forward to receiving your application. We do not accept CVs. Your application will be accepted if sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org