Midday Supervisory Assistants are required to supervise and take care of the children during the lunch time period in all areas inside and outside of the school. Working as part of a team, you should be committed to promoting a positive approach to behaviour and ensuring the safety and well-being of our children.
The South Downs School is an outstanding academy special school educating children between the ages of 3 and 11 years old on two sites. The West Site is in Beechy Avenue (the Old Town area) and accommodates our younger pupils and the East Site is in Shinewater Lane (The Langney Area) and accommodates our older pupils. All pupils may have speech and language needs, autism or learning difficulties. Some students also have associated emotional/ behavioural difficulties. The school works closely with The Lindfield School which educates secondary age pupils between 11 and 17.
This post is initially required for The South Downs School, however, candidates should be aware they may be required to work on any one of The Southfield Trust’s school sites dependent on need.
- Post: Midday Supervisory Assistants / Fixed Term to 20th July 2018
- Working pattern: 10 hours per week / term time only
- Grade: Single Status Grade 1/point 2 / £15,013 per annum
- Salary: As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
- Location: The South Downs School
- Closing Date for Applications: Midday on Thursday, 25th January
- Interviews to be held on: Wednesday, 31st January or Thursday, 1st February
Please find the following documents attached to this advert:
- A Job Description with Person Specification
- A Support Staff Application Form with Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Employment will be subject to satisfactory DBS Enhanced clearance and references. Post holders at The South Downs School will also be covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009 and asked to complete a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process.
If you do not receive a response to your application by Friday, 2nd February you can assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We look forward to receiving your application. We do not accept CVs. Your application will be accepted if sent by email to email@example.com